Smart IoT Module: RS-485 to MQTT
The IoT Smart Module is a type of RS485 to MQTT Module which stream sensor data to cloud-hosted software platform. They are highly scalable and offer unlimited sensor data storage, powerful analytics and search, real-time visibility and alerts, and intuitive dashboards. IoT Smart Module remotely Monitor Industrial Sensors, from Pressure to Temperature, Tank Levels, Flow, Gas Levels, etc. SIM operates effectively as a stand-alone Industrial Monitoring Solution. The cloud-based remote monitoring feature of this module puts it into the category of IoT devices with the developmental trends of integrations with the fast growing Internet of things technologies.
Features of IoT Smart Module :
- Low Power consumption
- Battery-powered Real Time Clock (RTC)
- Watchdog function ensures hardware operation control of selected services
- Effective file system used for FLASH memory up to 65,000 records saved for protection against network failure
- Easy installation
- Software based programming for ease of use and faster setting up
- Multiple slave devices can be configured to the same Gateway
- Buzzer for fault detection or connection issues with L.E.D. indication
- Compact durable housing made of ABS Plastic
- Optimized for areas with weak cellular connectivity
- Quad Band 2G cellular technology
- Wi-Fi (SIMWF485) connectivity
- Cellular 2G
- Bands GSM/GPRS/EDGE Quad band 850 MHZ/900 MHz/1800 MHz/1900 MHz
- Protocol – 802.11 b/g/n
- Frequency 2.4GHz
- Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0
- Range 10 Meter
- Data sending interval 1-60 min
- Mode : 2-Modes (Application Mode and Programming Mode)
- MODBUS Protocol : MODBUS RTU (MODBUS TCP-IP Using ERS-485 Converter)
- Input : 5V / 2A via DC Adaptor
- Power Consumption = 1W Approx
SENSORS AND INPUTS:
- Monitor Temperature, Humidity, Oxygen, Methane & Toxic gas sensors.
- Data Transmission and Storage
- Real-time connectivity Streams sensor data to the Ambetronics Cloud in real time
- Built-in storage for offline logging Sensor data stored in built-in flash memory when internet connectivity is unavailable.
- Extended Operating Temp: -20° to 50° C .
- Extended Storage Temp: -20° to 60° C .
- Dimensions:150 mm x 90 mm x 55 mm (with connector & Antenna)
- Weight: 270g.
Applications of IoT Smart Module :
- Fire and Security Panels
- Vending Machines
- Remote equipment management
- Access Control
- Industrial Control
- Home Automation
- Power Management