RS-232 To Ethernet Converter:
Description of RS-232 To Ethernet Converter:
Ambetronics’ RS-232 To Ethernet Converter devices are ideal for applications and devices that require an efficient way of communicating with serial RS-232 devices over an Ethernet network.
The ERS-232 is an economical Modbus-to-Ethernet converter that can quickly and easily be added to any device with a RS-232 serial port, making that device Web-enabled. It is a single port serial server, that converts a serial port to an Ethernet Port, thus removing cable length limitations, and allowing for “serial tunneling” of a device through an Ethernet or TCP/IP.
Converting Data from RS-232 to Ethernet:
RS-232 data sent and received on serial ports on the ERS-232 converter are encapsulated in Ethernet packets in a manner that best fits the type of data being transported. AEPL’s ERS-232 converter (commonly referred to as Terminal Servers or Device Servers) connect RS-232 based equipment across an Ethernet network enabling you to do following things such as:
- Cable replacement using RS-232 to Ethernet
- Have virtual COM ports connect PC/servers to remote RS-232 devices over Ethernet
- Communicate to multiple RS-232 devices at the same time across a network
- Use ERS-232 Converter to connect Serial PLCs to Ethernet
- Connect serial equipment over Ethernet with ERS-232 Converter
- Modbus RTU to Modbus over TCP/IP or Modbus TCP/IP.
Salient features RS-232 to Ethernet:
- LED Indication
- Low Cost
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet
- TCP/UDP/Telnet Modes
- DHCP/Static IP Modes
- Web Based Configuration
- Low Power
- Support TCP, UDP, DHCP ,HTTP Server-Client, TELNET, Modbus TCP
- Speed : 10/100Mbps
- Configuration : In-built HTTP Web Server
- Working mode : Support Server and Client
- Transmission : 100meter
- Connector : RJ45
- Parity bit : None, Even, Odd, Space, Mark
- Data bit : 5bit, 6bit, 7bit, 8bit
- Baud rate : 600 bps to 115200 bps
- Flow control : RTS/CTS or XON/XOFF or No flow control
- Interface protection : 2KV static protection
- Interface type : RS-232 (DB9 connector).
- Power input : 5VDC, 1A
- Consumption : ~1.5W
- 1 DC jack for power connections.
- Working temperature : -20°C to 55°C
- Storage temperature : -20°C to 60°C
- Relative humidity : 5% to 95% RH, Non-condensing
- Compact Size : 78 mm (L) x 41mm (W) x 24mm (H)
- Material : ABS Plastic
- Weight : ~ 100g
Applications Of Ethernet To RS-232 Converter:
- Fire and Security Panels.
- Remote equipment management.
- Access Control
- Industrial Control
- Home Automation.