RS-485 to Ethernet Converter:
Ambetronics is leading manufacturer of RS-485 to Ethernet Converter. ERS-485 devices are ideal for applications and devices that require an efficient way of communicating with serial RS-485 devices over an Ethernet network.
The ERS-485 is an economical Modbus-to-Ethernet converter that can quickly and easily be added to any device with a RS-485 serial port, making that device Web-enabled. It is a single port serial server, that converts a serial port to an Ethernet Port, thus removing cable length limitations, and allowing for “serial tunneling” of a device through an Ethernet or TCP/IP.
Converting Data from RS-485 to Ethernet:
RS-485 data sent and received on serial ports on the ERS-485 converter are encapsulated in Ethernet packets in a manner that best fits the type of data being transported.
AEPL’s ERS-485 converter (commonly referred to as Terminal Servers or Device Servers) connect RS-485 based equipment across an Ethernet network enabling you to do following things such as:
- Cable replacement using RS-485 to Ethernet
- Have virtual COM ports connect PC/servers to remote RS-485 devices over Ethernet
- Communicate to multiple RS-485 devices at the same time across a network
- Use ERS-485 Converter to connect Serial PLCs to Ethernet
- Connect serial equipment over Ethernet with ERS-485 Converter
- Modbus RTU to Modbus over TCP/IP or Modbus TCP/IP
- LED Indication
- Low Cost
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet
- TCP/UDP/Telnet Modes
- DHCP/Static IP Modes
- Web Based Configuration
- Low Power
Protocols: Support TCP, UDP, DHCP ,HT TP Server-
Client, TELNET, Modbus TCP
Working: Half Duplex
Configuration: In-built HT TP Web Server
Working mode: Support Server and Client
Transmission: 100 meter
- Parity bit : None, Even, Odd, Space, Mark
- Data bit : 5bit, 6bit, 7bit, 8bit
- Baud rate : 600bps to 460800 bps
- Flow control : RTS/CTS or XON/XOFF or No flow control
- Interface protection : 2KV static protection
- Interface type : RS-485 (D+, D-, SH)
- Power input : 5VDC, 1A
- Consumption : ~1.5W
- 1 DC jack for power connections
- Working temperature : -20°C to 55°C
- Storage temperature : -20°C to 60°C
- Relative humidity : 5% to 95% RH, Non-condensing
- Compact Size : 78 mm (L) x 41mm (W) x 24mm (H)
- Material : ABS Plastic
- Weight : ~ 100g
Applications of RS-485 To Ethernet Converter:
- Fire and Security Panels.
- Remote equipment management.
- Access Control.
- Industrial Control.
- Home Automation.